I am SO excited, I probably won’t be good for anything today! Tonight, I’ll be joining the in-laws for Heather’s Senior Banquet, and then Ava is going home with her Gigi! Which means that tomorrow, Josh and I will be headed to our little get-away! He was going to work half a day, but he’s put in so much overtime this week, that there’s a chance he won’t have to work at all tomorrow! (But shhhhh, don’t tell his bosses, they need to think it was their idea )
This little trip is the best birthday present ever! And Josh even bought me a new dress for a fancy dinner tomorrow night. I still look big, but he insisted that it doesn’t ascentuate my stomach as much . We’ll see! It has recently hit me that I should probably buy some make-up for the occassion…I don’t ever wear it, so what I have is very old (which is very unsanitary!), and I think after, oh, maybe…7 years of use, my base has finally ran out. However, my car is currently in the shop getting some minor things fixed, so I might have to forego the makeup! (Josh wouldn’t mind if I took him to work and kept the truck…but that’s a big vehicle to drive!)
After reading someone else’s blog, I’m craving a Cherry Coke, big time. Yup, they don’t make that one in caffeine free!
Anyway, I think I’ll try my hand at starting something new in the blogging community. Everybody has dreams…what are some of yours? I will start, but everyone who wants to should follow suit and list 5 of your dreams for your life. It’s OK if you don’t think it will be possible for them to be fulfilled in this lifetime…that’s part of the fun of dreaming! And if you keep up with my xanga but do your blogging on facebook or blogspot, feel free to do this there, too!
So, 5 of my dreams…
- To run a marathon. This is a dream that will take a A LOT of work to fulfill, because I’m not doing any training whatsoever right now! I will also need a few years in between pregnancies in order to work on this one! But it’s something I really want to do someday!
- To get my masters. It’s something I’m constantly considering, but just don’t feel like God is opening that door right now. Someday, I’d like to get my masters in counseling and become licensed.
- To work/volunteer at a Crisis Pregnancy Center. (That’s where I’d like to use that Masters!) This is the area of counseling I’ve felt drawn to since I was 14. We have a center here in town that I could volunteer at, but with the demands of my job and being a mom, it’s not something I can do right now.
- To write novels. This is something that is most likely to never happen! I’ve loved reading and writing since I was 6. As soon as I got over wanting to be a zoo keeper when I grew up ( ), I’ve always wanted to be a writer. I am totally inspired by the stories of struggling authoresses like Jo in Little Women. But there are several things that have interfered with this dream since I have been “of age”: (1) The demands of everyday life! and (2) The lack of a good story! I’ve had the idea for one story since high school, but I am still undecided on whether or not it would be worth pursuing, or if others would find it worth reading. A reader of the classics, I tend to be overly-critical of novels written in the last couple decades, and therefore don’t know if I can rise above my own standard!
- To tour England. Yes, after reading all of these British classics, I cannot help but want to tour the countryside for myself!
OK, it’s someone else’s turn!