Well, since Egan is almost 8 weeks old, I figured it was time to post some 6 week photos. The 6 week mini-shoot was especially fun because we did it away from home! I dropped in on Cynthia
with the ulterior motive of using her front porch to visit for a while before I had to pick Ava up from preschool, and, surprisingly enough I had my camera with me, so I took advantage of the fabulous textured bricks at her house for some fun pictures! (It didn’t hurt to have a friend help position the baby, either!) I think this may be my favorite of all of our weekly shoots!
The blue eyes. I know. And I certainly wasn’t expecting him to hold his head up like such a big boy!
Since there were a few other children on the premises, they could not be left out…
Totally. heart. this. photo.
I’m afraid the 6 week photos may be the end of the weekly mini-shoots…I will probably go to monthly now. I know, I know, it’s sad, but don’t worry, I’ll take plenty informal pictures in-between! Like these…the first time I captured Egan smiling on camera just happened to be on the day he turned 7 weeks old!
He’s like a cute little old man with a receeding hairline!
30 Before 30
Today, as I have been reminded by a scad of dear friends on facebook, is my 25th birthday. Inspired by Jen’s 30 Before 30 List, I figured I should make my own list of 30 things I’d like to do before I turn 30. It’s going to be tough to come up with that many, but I’m going to give it a shot, just for kicks!
Things I’d like to do before I turn 30, in no particular order…
1. Potty train Izzy. (Reasonable goal, no?)
2. Acquire a new camera. (Right now the Canon 7D is a fave, but I’d really be happy with anything better than the current one!)
3. Potty train Egan.
4. Go on a mission trip with Josh.
5. Train for and run a 10K.
6. Train for and run a half-marathon. (See, if I list running related goals separately, they take up more room!)
7. Fly somewhere. (Could be for the mission trip. Could be for a vacation. I have not flown since our honeymoon and I think I need to do it again!)
8. Go on a fun vacation to somewhere like Disney World or Washington D.C. What, those places aren’t similar?
9. Read a collection of classic literature. (Maybe the complete works of Dickens???)
10. Go camping as a family. (We should probably do this more than once in the next 5 years…but we’ll see…)
11. Pay off Josh’s student loans and credit cards. (I guess technically I won’t be the one doing this, but we’re a team!)
12. Get good enough at sewing that I can mend clothing, make curtains and pillows, etc.
13. Eat more dark chocolate M&Ms.
14. Have another baby? (What, you think 3’s enough?)
15. Sing in some kind of choir/group or take a dance class. (I know it would be too ambitious to try to do both!)
You know, I think 15 is plenty for now! The other half may come later…as I tell Ava all the time, “We’ll see!”